I was feeling inspired from my weekend in Seattle after seeing some of my friends enjoy warm seafood salads. We had some random produce in the fridge so I thought I would experiment and all I can say is …wow I’m good. I never say that but this was A-MA-ZING and extremely filling.
I was improvising while putting everything together but here’s what ended up in my vegan seafood salad:
- Base of spinach leaves with sliced avocado
- Some stir-fried cabbage with BBQ sauce
- Fried sliced tofu with butter and garlic
- I then grabbed some Gnocchi out of the freezer, boiled it until it was just ready and sauteed that with butter and garlic
- Steamed bok choy which was cooked over the gnocchi in boiling water and then fried up in butter and garlic
I never said this salad was healthy…
Then I mixed some veganaise, dill pickle juice, fresh dill, dijion mustard, salt, and a tiny amount of agave nectar. I drizzled it over the salad and added some chopped dill, sesame seeds, and green onions. Whew! The whole thing took me about 40 minutes!