I know- I’ve been terrible! My laptop is busted and so we have one laptop between Rich and I. You know how it is, he doesn’t have any of my bookmarks, I have to sign in to EVERYTHING, and I don’t have my library of photos…ok so that might not have sounded convincing but trust me that is hard to blog with all those roadblocks.
Anyways, I’m fighting the urge to run out and buy a new laptop with my credit card so that I can properly save and get something that will last.
Enough about my ‘problems’.
I was absolutely thrilled to see that In Vegetables We Trust had nominated me for a ‘Sunshine Award’! I’m truly flattered and excited to pass on the honour!
Here’s how it works:
If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you (In Vegetables We Trust!) You must answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post. And also let the peeps you nominate know you have done so.
Here are the questions:
1. Who is your favourite philosopher? Ok, so they’re not really philosophers in the traditional sense by I very much admire Tina Fey & Amy Poehler. If you pay attention to what they’re saying you’ll see that they’re smart feminists who make their points while making people laugh, something to aspire to for sure!
“Bitches get stuff done. Bitch is the new black.”
2. What is your favourite number? 17! I was born on the 17th and recently got married on the 17th!
3. What is your favourite animal? Hmmm, I’m not sure. Right now I’m reading alot about whales which are truly spectacular creatures.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? Can I put my Twitter & Instagram? (Find me on Instagram as ‘LindsayisVegan’)
5. What is your favourite time of day? I think my favorite time of week is when the sun starts to go down on a Sunday. It’s sort of a lethargic time of day and everyone’s taking it easy with Monday coming up. Rich and I found this amazing country song which seems to sum it up perfectly:
6. What was your favourite holiday? Another tough one! I used to go houseboating with my family which was always lots of fun but back packing through South Africa with my BFF Beth was also a dream come true!
7. What is your favourite physical activity? Swimming! I could swim in the ocean or a lake for hours.
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Soy Lattes.
9. What is your favourite flower? I have no idea- one that I don’t have to pay for?
10. What is your passion? This is going to sound corny but I’m passionate about passion. I know, it sounds like people who say “I love to laugh”…ummm who doesn’t love to laugh?
Hear me out…I love cooking, writing, being an activist, and a million other things but when I see other people getting fired up about something, it fires me up. I’m passionate about ambitious and driven people who want to be a positive force in the world!
Enough about me! Here are my 10 nominations for the Sunshine Award, and make sure to head over to In Vegetables We Trust for some amazing recipes!
1. Bright Owl Tutoring– I’m showing some family love with this one. It’s my sister’s awesome blog with tons of tips on engaging kids while educating them.
2. GE Free BC- Right now I’ve been following this blog for all the latest updates on GE Foods here in Canada.
3.Is it cheating if I say Vegan Mainstream? I occasionally contribute for this blog and I love how many voices you’ll find here!
4. Vegan Sparkles has probably won this award a dozen times but she’s just too adorable to leave out of this list.
5. Part of the reason I haven’t been posting is because I’ve been too busy making Veggie What Now‘s recipes.
6. One day I hope to be even a small bit as awesome as One Happy Table
7. I love Vegan Monologue now that they’re in Portland!
8. Maybe another cheat but Vegan Bloggers Unite is awesome even if they hadn’t asked me to write a post!
9. Liberation BC is a fantastic local organization that has some really great articles on their blog.
10. Awesome Blog on Vancouver- Nine O’Clock Gun! This guy is so rad I married him.
See you soon- I promise!