My cousin Shawna came over the other night for dinner on the patio, which is really code for let’s have dinner to wash done the wine. I thought it was time to try something new and this recipe by Charlotte Alvina has been on my Pinterest board for quite a while so I gave it a try. She calls it ‘Buffalo Chicken’ although I couldn’t find Buffalo Sauce but any sauce of your choice will work!
It was an easy and tasty recipe, my only advice is make sure you cook it nice and long so that it gets really crispy, otherwise it will be too doughy.
That was all I really had up my sleeve so I found some cucumbers, yellow tomatoes, firm tofu, and basil leaves to make this cold cucumber salad which I drizzled with a fig balsamic.
I wanted to continue my bread education so I made some ciabatta bread. It was soft, tasty and delicious. Plus it was as easy as any regular loaf of bread, although you need about 4 hours to make it:
- Dissolve 2 tbsp dry active yeast into 1 2/3 cups of water
- Then slowly stir in 3.5 white flour (I used unbleached white flour)
- Let rise for 30 mins at room temperature
- Knead 20 times and let rise for 1.5 hours
- Then roll the dough and cut it into 6 parts
- Oil the top and place on cooking pan and bake at 425 for 15-20 mins
I had some of the leftover bread the next night with some hummus and avocado slices!
Shawna on the roof ready to dig in.