This was so good that I brought some for my co-worker and she said ‘this is pretty good for being vegan’…..while eating it with her bare hands.
This definitely satisfied my craving for a super soft chocolatey dessert and it was very, very…very easy to make. If you’ve got skeptical carnivores coming over for dinner and you want to whip something up fast so you can start pre-drinking then this is for you. Be warned- the dessert does need to be chilled for at least an hour.
The filling would be great as chocolate mousse in glasses, in a chilled cake, or even serving immediately as a milkshake if your chocolate craving is especially dire.
Delicious/Yummy/Eat the dough while you’re making it Vegan Pie Crust
Let the yeast dissolve in the water for about 10 minutes and then add the other ingredients before kneading with your hands:
- 25 oz dry active yeast (I actually have no idea how much this is and just added a spoonful…how many milliliters is this?)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- Spoonful of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
Once you’ve got a nice and firm ball of dough, roll it out and cook in the oven at 400 for like 15-20 mins (until it is golden brown).
I used this recipe from Whole Foods Market for the filling. And then I added a dollop of coconut cream:
- Take the thick top from a can of coconut cream
- Add vanilla, a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg, and some maple syrup or agave
- Whip & chill for at least 20 mins (or don’t it will still taste great)